Brooks Place prides itself on not being almost like home—we are home! It is another chapter in life but one that you get to design. Nervous anticipation, fear of loosing independence, or that you cannot afford it, not wanting to risk being accepted, not wanting to go to a nursing home, and all the arguments for not coming to Brooks Place—we can help you let go of the fears.
- At Brooks Place, residents tend to thrive, become more independent, have a peace of mind that our staff is here when needed but never trespassing on individuality or privacy.
- Make the choice to move to Brooks Place and see how much more life can mean. What are you waiting for? Do it now while you can fully enjoy the benefits.
- Rose Mary C. Brooks Place is located on sixteen acres donated by George Brooks and Betsy Bulleit in honor of their mother. Assisted living at Brooks Place is comprised of forty-four apartments featuring ten floor plans. You will love our comfortable common areas, on site hair salon, our lovely Keeneland Dining room, and guests are always welcome.
- The Cottages at Brooks Place, independent living offer a much more care-free experience than traditional home ownership. Our front porch community of like-minded neighbors provides a sense of safety and security. Your exterior maintenance is no longer a worry.
Brooks Place is located in Winchester, just twenty minutes east of Hamburg in Lexington right across from Wal-Mart on the Winchester By-pass. We have studio, one, and two bedroom apartments with many floor plans to choose from. All come with utilities included (electric, water cable, Wi-Fi, and phone), individually controlled thermostats, 24 hour staffing, emergency pendants, patio/grilling area, housekeeping, transportation, exercise room, solon, daily activities, private dining room, daily meal special and full menu available 7 days a week.
Our independent living cottages are spacious two bedroom, two bath with fully equipped kitchen, washer and dryer, attached garage, patio, and covered front porch. We provide a 24 hour emergency response system with all units. We also take care of all exterior maintenance, lawn care, and snow removal.
We serve only the best with the freshest ingredients and our from-scratch menu satisfies a great variety of tastes.
- Memorable dining begins with open seating as it allows residents to dine when they are ready and with whomever they choose.
- Regardless, if residents dine alfresco on the garden patio, in our beautifully appointed Keeneland Dining Room or in the Brooks Place private dining room, our staff caters to individual preferences.
- From authentic Italian dishes and steak-house fare to down-home southern cooking, and the delicious desserts, the choice is yours. Our chef offers The Chef’s Special of the day or residents may order from our extensive menu.
- We encourage residents to make suggestions, share their favorite recipes and be engaged in making meal time a gratifying experience.
There is so much to do at Brooks Place, activities are planned every few hours so you are never left wondering what to do. You are welcome to join in any time you like, you can choose not to take part, or just come and watch the fun! Here is an idea of some of the activities at Brooks Place:
- Bible Study & Devotions
- Bridge Club
- Lunch Bunch
- Men’s Lunch Crew
- Wii Games
- Ice cream social
- Live music
- Live dancing
- Knitting Club
- Theme Parties
- Special events